I forgot to take a photo of the beads but luckily they had this good picture posted on the forum. I chose to use the Copper and Jet AB pack—the other was gunmetal and tanzanite, which I liked too, but I thought I would challenge myself more with the copper shades. It contained copper filigree of various shapes and sizes, some lentil dangles in two different colours, Swarovski bicones and a rivoli, as well as a crystal octagon, some seed beads and some copper chain.
I have to admit that I ummed and aahhed over my pile of goodies until it was almost too late to submit anything. I’m not great with seed beads and rivolis and in the end I decided not to use them. I added in some rondelles in a coordinating lighter shade to contrast with the darker filigree stampings, as well as some copper findings and some fine copper chain. And I dipped the bright copper chain from the kit in Liver of Sulphur to give it a more antique look which better matched the filigree (proud moment—it was my first attempt at oxidising copper with Liver of Sulphur and I was pretty chuffed with the result).
Here’s a close up of the dangle, which is my favourite part of this necklace.
I was quite pleased with my last minute effort, although it pales in comparison to the efforts of the dedicated beadweavers on the forum.